Monday, November 12, 2012

Snow and a Report

 Wednesday to much of our surprise it began to snow!  Theo didn't think it would stick, but by the end of the day it was starting to look like a Winter Wonderland.  That night I had to take Tobie and Miriam to their piano lesson, a little over 10 minutes away.  The lesson was under 2 hours, but when we left that night the place was completely covered!  I had to scrap snow off my windshield so I could see, and the tires were having a hard time gripping the road.  I got really nervous and saw cars in the ditch, or some that had just slid over to the other side of the road.  I took it super slow, and thankfully made it home...it may have taken 30 minutes, but at least we were all safe!  That was probably the scariest drive I have ever been a part in.
 By morning, the ground had already warmed most of the snow so there wasn't any difficulty in Theo getting out in the morning to work.  Although I was hoping for a bit more just so we could snuggle a little longer, sorry for the TMI. ;)


 The girls were out the door, dressed by 8:30.  They were so stoked to build their snowmen they didn't bother sleeping in on a day that they didn't have to go to school!
 This is Charlotte's first experience with snow, and she loved it!  She was all over the place, but when she discovered the snow melted water puddles and started digging in them with her bare hands, I decided it was time for her to come inside.
 Miriam's snowman creation.
 Emma's snowman creation.
Hannah was the warmest of them all.  She was all decked out in the left over winter clothes we have accumulated from our winters at Lake Tahoe.
 Charlotte looking idly on from the front window, while her sisters use her for snowball practice.
 Isn't she just too cute!  We keep being told this was a complete fluke that it was snowing and that this NEVER happens, but other than the car ride of death I was so happy we got to experience this!

******************************************************************************

Ok, so here is my first report of what I ate today and my exercise routine:
Pre-breakfast:
1 cup warm water, with lemon juice and 1 tbsp. honey
1 cup water with White Flood energy powder
Breakfast:
Apple
Activia
Post-Workout:
1 cup coconut milk with 1 scoop Whey protein
Lunch:
Weight Watchers Vegetable Soup
Grapes
Diet Soda
Snack:
1/2 cup Kefir mixed with 1 cup Coconut Milk
Dinner:
Baked asparagus with a little olive oil, salt and pepper
Turkey pattie
Mashed cauliflower with light sour cream
Sauteed mushrooms and onions in coconut oil
Workout:
6 mile run, then upper body workout

So that's it.  I didn't include my water intake, but I did drink at least 7 cups worth of water today.  I know I'm hydrated, so drinking enough water is not an issue for me.  Maybe I'll have to write a post about my hydration situation (did you like that? heehee...) tomorrow.  In fact, that is going to be the post title!  Hydration Situation....okay, back to this post.  Tell me what you think, what can I tweak, but be gentle with me. :)  I think I did really good, but I'm always on my game on Monday, it's just when I get further on in the week you may see my menu tend to wane.

Also, I think I need a name for this experiment.  I got nothing, any ideas? 

No comments: