Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hydration Situation

Day 2:

Pre-Breakfast:
1 cup warm water
Lemon juice
Honey
Breakfast:
Apple
Activia
Lunch:
Turkey pattie
Mashed Cauliflower
2 Fried Eggs
Grapes
Snack:
1/2 cup Kefir
1/2 cup Coconut Milk
Dinner:
Chicken and stir fry veggies with Lite Soy Sauce

So, that's my day.  I didn't run today, I had two long runs pretty close together and I could feel some uncomfortable tightening in my neck and right hamstring the last time I ran.  So today was a recovery day.

I promised to talk about my hydration situation.  I used to worry that I wasn't hydrated enough, but looking into research as to how to tell if you are hydrated or not is as simple as looking in the toilet.  Yes, I'm going there....depending on the color of your urine will easily tell you if you are skimping in the liquids department.  The darker yellow hue it is, the more dehydrated you are.  The lighter in color, you guessed it!  The more hydrated you are.  A pale lemonade color is just right, but mine is more on the crystal springs color.  I could sell mine to Evian it's so clear!  Which brings up another point, did you know you could be over-hydrated?  I just read about it in Runner's World, and it's pretty dangerous stuff.  So I don't feel like I need to up my liquids. 

Plus, I don't think I could handle going to the bathroom more than I do now.  It's border line ridiculous, I have actually contemplated adult diapers.  Just ask my sister, we would go out somewhere and I would pee before we left, pee at least 2 times at the store and then have to pee by the time we got home.  It's very inconvenient.

That is where I stand, I know it was more than you were expecting or even wanted, but I told you I wasn't going to hide anything.  I bet now you are going to start inspecting the toilet every time you go.  Well at least you will be aware of your hydration level, and knowing is half the battle.

No comments: