Saturday, November 24, 2012

Accountability Project: Day 13

I'm going to list my food and then talk about something in particular, so here goes:

Pre-Breakfast:
1 cup warm water with lemon and honey
1 cup water with White Flood
Breakfast:
Apple
Activia
Lunch:
Mushroom, onion and red pepper omelet with 2 eggs
Post Workout:
1 cup coconut milk
1 scoop Whey protein
Dinner:  Date night with Theo at Applebee's
7 oz. Sirloin steak
Steamed veggies
Herb roasted potatoes
Roy Rogers (my favorite drink, Diet Coke and Grenadine)
Dessert:
Starbucks Gingerbread Hot Chocolate, Venti

Workout Routine:
9.2 mile run

So what I want to address here is my date night.  I don't know if you have noticed something, but in the past 2 weeks of reporting my eating I have not once eaten fast food.  I'm just not a big fast food eater.  I eat what I have at home, and only go out occasionally with my husband.  We do eat out with the kids if we are out and about, but it is rare since feeding a family of 7 fast food is very expensive!  It's just not in my nature to hit up a fast food joint just any time, I guess it's the way I was raised.  Being the 5th child in a family of 9, going out to eat was a special occasion and very rarely done.  Which brings up another point of why I started this "Accountability Project", you see all over the place on the news how obesity is out of hand BECAUSE of fast food.  Well I'm living proof that isn't always the case.  Don't judge the fat person, you don't know what they truly eat.  You've seen what I eat for 2 weeks now, how is that different from a thin persons diet?  What am I doing that's off?

Also I wanted to talk about my habits when I do go out.  Because it is so rare and a treat for me, when I go out I usually indulge.  I just can't think I'm going to go out and get a chicken breast with some broccoli!  Oh no!  I'm going to get something that fulfills that sinful deprived side of me that just wants to eat like a fiend.  But because I don't go out very often I convince myself that it's okay to eat like that, it took me a long time to realize that I didn't need to find the most fattening item on the menu when I went out. Tonight I think I did a good job, I was very conservative, and it sure was good!  I didn't feel deprived at all.

I'm a little nervous about the weigh in tomorrow.  I love 'Biggest Loser' and I know all too well about the 2nd week curse.  If you watch the show you know the contestants always loose real big the first week, then the 2nd it just plateaus.  It also didn't help me that Thanksgiving was this week!  If I maintain, I'll be happy, but I'll be even more happy if there is a loss.  We'll find out tomorrow!  Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

No comments: