Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Cicily's Baby Shower Cake

I made this cake for my friend Cicily. She is having her second son any day now, but she isn't telling anyone the name they have picked out. I wanted her cake to be unique so I thought up this block cake with the letters of her last name. Luckily I was able to think of something to put on each cake a word that began with that letter. Good thing her last name isn't Ikner!
These are actually three different cakes that I covered with fondant. Then I hand painted the words and pictures on. The blue block is vanilla cake with buttercream frosting. The green cake is German chocolate with the coconut icing in the middle (her favorite kind of cake, and her favorite color, which was not planned.) Then the purple is chocolate cake with my raspberry mousse, YUM!

2 comments:

Lainie said...

That looks amazing. I just wish I could bite my screen right now!

Andrea said...

That cakes sounds so YUMMY....mmmm:)