Friday, May 4, 2012

The Coach



Theo has such an easy going, but reserved personality that when he first volunteered to coach Tobie at Tee ball several years ago I was shock and apprehensive. I couldn't see this mild mannered man commanding the attention of these little leaguers. But he has really surprised and impressed me over the years in his ability to coach, and also his initiative to put himself out there.

But what is really funny is to see this mild tempered man resort to kicking, throwing his hat on the ground and muttering mild language (to himself of course, there are kids around!) when his kids don't quite make the play.

He blames me for his graying hair, but personally I think it's the coaching. But just like the hair, coaching suits him, and I love seeing him out there coaching his heart out!

No comments: