Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bangs



Pinterest is a funny thing. You spend all your time finding crafts, recipes and organizing ideas that you think to yourself, I could totally do that! So you pin it with the intentions of doing them. But ask yourself, how many of those things have you done?

I found a video on how to fix your hair if you have short hair like I do. The girl in the video had these cute bangs and I figured "I could totally do that.". Just like all the pins I have on my boards, I saw this as something I could actually do. And this time I took immediate action.

I parted my hair, carefully piecing off the part that would look good as bangs. I measured and remeasured, and then measured again just for good measure. I stood looking in the bathroom mirror with scissors in place to make the first cut. For 5 minutes I was a statue, staring at myself arm poised with raised scissors. The devil on my shoulder told me, just don't think about it, just do it! And the angel was no help, it reminded me of how long I have wondered if I could pull off bangs, so what the hey, just do it.

I shut my brain off and SNIP!

I thought I did a pretty good job, Theo loves it and that's what matters most! It's cute and fun, although I have to get used to the constant feeling of something on my face. I like them, but I think this might be a one time thing.

1 comment:

Britt Family said...

Oh my goodness! I didn't realize you cut them yourself. You are a brave girl! They look super cute though.