Thursday, August 2, 2012

Coast Guard Day








Happy 222nd Birthday!!!  

The United States Coast Guard is this nation's oldest and its premier maritime agency.  It's happened a few times when I tell people we are military, they ask what branch and when I answer "the Coast Guard", they give a snort and say, "Well that's not really the military.". 

But it is!  In fact the Coast Guard was the first maritime military.  So that kind of makes the CG the Daddy of other maritime military branches.
 
Who's your Daddy?  That's right, the Coast Guard is...oh yeah...

Semper Paratus!!!


P.S.
Tomorrow I plan on writing how we came about in the best branch of the military.  I would have done it today, but I have to hunt down some pictures and we were too busy at the CG Day celebration anyway.  Til then! 

No comments: