Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Adjustments

I came across these pictures the other day:



My Alabama kitchen.  I know beggers can't be choosers and living here in NJ we have been blessed to get into Coast Guard housing which is completely free...including utilities and water.  But it sure is hard to keep a positive perspective when you are cooking and baking in this:

I literally can put the dishes away from the dishwasher without having to leave the same spot.  Two people can't be in this kitchen without it being overcrowded. 

It's not that I'm miserable because of this kitchen, I may feel the little pin pricks to my heart when I see my old kitchen,  I just need to make some major adjustments.  I know it will be worth it.  Living here will allow us to become debt free, which is our goal by the time we leave NJ in 4 years. 

So of course I don't regret moving here, the little inconveniences don't compare to the experience we will gain from living in the New England area. 

But man, I sure do miss my Alabama kitchen.

1 comment:

Carrie Dalby said...

All the best with financial freedom!