Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Sugar Monster

Today has been a total blah to me, and I think I realized my body has a negative reaction to sugar.  I try not to eat very much sugar, we rarely EVER have dessert in our house.  But I have this habit of signing up for the missionaries at least once a week and we HAVE to have dessert then!  Last night was one of those nights.  After schooling our missionaries on real Southern cooking of Shrimp and Grits with a side of Collards and Bacon and a pan of cornbread, I made this:






White Texas Sheet Cake and you can find the recipe HERE.  Oh my goodness, this stuff is like crack!!  Sooo good!!!  I actually had a missionary over in AL that fought my sister for the last piece of this stuff! 

But I really paid for it today.  I felt like a sloth, all I've wanted to do all day is sleep.  I was in my pj's until noon and I still haven't showered today.  I'm still really tired, but I feel like I'm coming out of a brain fog and I seriously think it's because of this sugary piece of heaven. 

Why do things that seem so right have to be so darn bad?!?

No comments: