Monday, July 16, 2012

One Year Older and Wiser Too!

I had a birthday this past Saturday, and I think the only wiser part of getting older is that birthdays don't seem to have the same kind of importance as when you are younger.  I had the entire day planned out, but absolutely nothing panned out the way I wanted.  I wanted to go to the beach like I do on my birthday every year, but we saw it was suppose to storm around the time that we would have been out there.  Well it didn't storm, and by the time we pulled ourselves together it was too late in the day to make it to the beach.  Luckily for us I made a new friend who gave me the 411 on where to go on the boardwalk that isn't covered in crazies.  So we headed out for dinner on the boardwalk in Ocean City.  This place is pretty awesome!  It reminded me of  the fair, but unlike the fair it's all year long and it isn't full of dirty carnies working the rides.  Also Ocean City is a clean city, which means they don't serve alcohol!  Ergo, a great family activity!

I started off the night eating my first Philly Cheese steak while the kids downed some hot dogs. 
We saw this bad boy coming over the bridge into Ocean City and I knew that was going to be my first destination.
Here is the view from the top.  Isn't that just gorgeous!!  Hannah and Emma were the only ones brave enough to venture with me, but by the time we got to this point Emma was rethinking her decision.  She was sobbing by the third go round.  Hannah on the other was giving me a heart attack because she kept trying to get up and walk around while we were in the air.  She had absolutely no fear!
Charlotte was the best baby ever!  She sat quietly and patiently in her stroller while we walked around the park and rode rides.  Before we left we had to treat her to a ride also.  The carousel is just her speed!  She absolutely loved it!  In fact she was crying when the ride was over because she didn't want to get off.  This carousel was built in 1926, and had all wooden horses.  It sure was pretty!
 Even though the day didn't go according to plan I really think it worked out better this way. I've noticed through the years that I'm not too into getting presents for my birthday as much as I am into making memories, and this place did not disappoint!  We will be talking about this place for years!

No comments: