Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pioneer Woman's Thai Chicken Pizza


 I went perusing through the Pioneer Woman's cook book, The Pioneer Woman Cooks and noticed a whole pizza section.  I was wanting to try something different other than our too often Supreme.  I came across this option and decided to give it a try.  I've never made Peanut sauce, but I'm a sucker for anything that calls for Peanut butter AND cilantro!  Here is the recipe but I did make some tweaks, those are in RED.

Thai Chicken Pizza
2 garlic cloves, peeled
2 Tablespoons minced fresh ginger (I made it with dry ground ginger)
¼ cup soy sauce
3 teaspoons sesame oil
½ teaspoon fish sauce
1 ½ cups smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup very warm water
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (Call me weird, but I actually prefer canned chicken when it comes to pizza toppings)
Salt and pepper to taste
1 recipe Pizza Dough
Olive oil, for drizzling
4 Tablespoons Thai sweet chili sauce (sold in the Asian foods aisle)
12 oz. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
1 cup alfalfa or bean sprouts
2 cups shredded carrots
2 cups cilantro leaves
¼ cup chopped peanuts
First, make the peanut sauce.  To the bowl of a food processor or blender, add the garlic and ginger.  Then add the Soy sauce, sesame oil, fish sauce, and the peanut butter.  And the water but blend as you are pouring in.  Check the consistency, give it a taste, and add a little more of whatever it needs! (This is something that threw me off a little because I don't think I have ever had Peanut sauce so I didn't know what it was supposed to taste like, but from what I tasted it needed more ginger and fish sauce.) Add more warm water if it needs thinning.(This was another thing that I needed to change, the recipe called for 1/2 cup of warm water, to get it to a really runny saucey consistency I ended up adding more like 1 cup of warm water if not more)  

Add chili paste to your prepared pizza crust.  (I'm sure I used WAY more than the 4 tbsp of the Thai sweet chili sauce, once I got a whiff of that stuff I knew it was going to be good, and if a little is good then a lot must be even better right?!  And heck ya, it was!)
Next, sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, and grill them on both sides until done. Remove from the grill and slice thin.  (You can sauté in a skillet if you prefer.) (Or skip this all together and use the canned chicken)Lay on the mozzarella slices, then the chicken slices. ( I just used shredded mozzarella)
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the cheese is bubbly. Throw on as many sprouts as you’d like.
Next, add the shredded carrots and cilantro leaves.
Drizzle with peanut sauce all over the top of the pizza.
End with a sprinkling of chopped peanuts.

Seriously so good!  

No comments: