Monday, December 10, 2012

Snaggletooth

 Miriam was looking pretty rough!  Her top front teeth had spread W...A...Y out to make room for her adult teeth to come in.  I guess that was a good thing, but then they came back together in the middle and crossed over one another as if knowing their time was almost over and they were clinging to each other for dear life!  Finally one came out, but the other wasn't going to go so easily.  Another week later and Miriam came home from school declaring the tooth was ready! 
 And with one quick YANK! the tooth was out!  I can't help staring at her, it's so funny looking, but such an improvement than one tooth hanging sideways right smack dab in the middle.  I just hope that it doesn't take a really long time for her new teeth to come in, there is plenty O' room and I don't want those other teeth to start meandering in the front zone.
Tonight I made another discovery, pulled pork tasted delicious on pizza!  We made pulled pork sandwiches yesterday and we always end up with lots of meat left over, and usually by the 3 day of eating left overs we are so over it and it just go to waste.  Well, Theo got the idea to put it on the pizza and I thought that would work if we used the BBQ sauce in place of the pizza sauce we normally use.  Oh my, this stuff was seriously so good!  It was hard limiting myself to just one piece!

That brings me to the Accountability Project, I went to the Dietician today and what I heard wasn't as positive as I was hoping.  The good news is that I am doing everything right!  She looked over my food journals, discussed eating habits and exercising routine and everything looks good.  The bad news is I got the fat gene and therefore may never be thin.  She told me that there is lots of science that is yet to be done as to why the body does what it does when it comes to their bodies, and all bodies are different.  She printed out this article for me to read which  basically says if you have the fat gene your body works against you loosing weight.  It's not all bad, it does say that if you are working at it like I am then you just don't get super fat.  I could just throw my hands up, and say screw it and gorge, but then where would I be?  I prefer to eat right, and have the ability to run for miles.  So I'll keep up my routine and continue to try and find my way in the world of food, but from what I'm reading this is going to be a long drawn out process that is going to take years just for the upkeep.  I'm not liking the idea of keeping up with this project for the rest of my life.  So for now I'm ending my project, I was hoping for a more concrete plan, but she just assured me I'm already on the right path, so I'm just going to putter along and hopefully one day I'll be at the weight where I will be happy.

4 comments:

Britt Family said...

That pic of her one tooth on top is priceless. Blackmail for when she is older! Lol :) how lucky to loose both top teeth during Christmas time! Cute!

Giuli said...

I totally read that article and almost cried. I know that I haven't been working as hard as I need to go get in shape, but doggone it if living the rest of my entire life counting every single calorie doesn't depress me. It really annoys me when Jack (mr. skinny pants) says that I'm just not motivated. arrrggghhhh.

Kara and Theo said...

Guili, I feel your pain! Did you have him read it? Maybe then he'll understand what we have to go through. Theo is supportive, but he still tries to give me 'advice' on the subject. I know his intentions are good, but it frustrates me when I feel I am already doing the things I should. And now I have confirmation from the dietician that I am. It's just our body types. Jack doesn't know this about me, but when I was going through my skinny phase, I was actually anorexic. So unless I go to that extreme again, I may never be thin. But that isn't the answer and I just have to keep doing what I'm doing and as long as I feel good physically I need to feel good with the way I look. Just hang in there, you're not alone!

Jessica Reid said...

It's so hard not to stress about weight, but I think living healthy and passing good habits and attitudes to our kids is most important. Somethings are beyond our control, which sucks because I'm type A. Just love yourself girl and remember that when the first resurrection comes we are all going o be smokin' hot! HeHe!