Monday, October 19, 2009

Oz's Birthday Cake

This is my latest creation. My sister's son just celebrated his 2nd birthday and she asked me to make the cake. I knew it was going to be a pirate party so we came up with a skull and crossbones. It's a chocolate cake with my cookies 'n cream filling.

She had the idea to make the eye sockets deeper so we could put candles in the cavities. It was a really cool effect when it was lit up. I wish I had a picture of that, but I forgot my camera at the party, just take my word for it...it was AWESOME!
I even made little individual cakes for Oz and his friend Parker shaped as treasure chests. These were really cute too, and really easy which is what I loved about them.

1 comment:

Britt Family said...

Really cool cakes!! They are awesome! By the way the zoo is down 98 going toward Wilmer, in the middle of nowhere! :) My boys loved it!