Saturday, December 29, 2007

My little Artist!


So we are over the hustle and bustle of Christmas, as you can tell with all my postings in one sitting! But the wonderful hustle and bustle of everyday motherhood is never over! My sweet Miss Miriam got a huge coloring book from Santa that had crayons and servant of Satan's - a marker! I neglected to take the marker out and when she was suppose to be napping she got creative instead. This marker was not only on her wall, but on her bed, carpet, her new princess pillow and of course her hands and face. The really funny thing is when I went in her room to get her up from her nap I never even noticed her artwork. I did notice that she had a really stinky diaper. As I started to change her I was pulling out wipes that were just shoved in the wipey box that had blue ink on them. I had one of those exhausted mother moments where I just thought, "Huh, that's peculiar." and just reached in until I found a clean one. Theo asked me later if I noticed what she had done on the wall. I was completely oblivious, so I ran to her room and this is what I found. The red on the wall is from a previous artistic epiphany, but you can see where she tried to cover up some of the evidence from the blue marker. Good thing she is so stinking cute! We just bought some Magic Erasers tonight and I plan on standing over her with a whip as she scrubs it all off!!! Or she pretends to wipe the walls while I use some real elbow grease, just whatever comes first!

4 comments:

Lainie said...

OK that is funny. Good luck getting it off. I think baking soda paste works wonders. Beware the magic erasers, use gloves to avoid burns. Happy New year!!! What other catastrophes will this one bring us, kara? We shall see...;0)

Anonymous said...

thank goodness for magic erasers. yes they can be dangerous, but the glorious things it can do for us mothers!how smart are you taking the pic before the black and blue markings....Chelle

Meredith said...

hi kara! i found your blog through john & sarah's. ummm, i think i missed something. you have THREE kids now? and when did Tobie get to be older than 2 years old??? You look awesome and seem to be happy from the few posts I read... busy, but happy! We are back in SLC and are doing really well. Feel free to take a look at my good old blog. nice to see you again.

Aleisha said...

Its great to see my two boys are not the only ones that get creative. My little one just found out that his new crayons can write on sheets, so he drew mommy a lovely picture on her side of the bed. So when I went to go to bed last night, I found his lovely art work. =o)