Monday, September 23, 2013

The Best Kind of Fail

I found this cool counting game for Hannah on Pinterest:


I really liked the idea and for our Art class today (two birds, one stone ladies and gentlemen) she helped me make our own version of the game:





We decided to do a pumpkin instead, and used the candy corn with jelly pumpkin candy.  She LOVES this 'game' as I called it.  One of the die is for the corn and the other is for the pumpkins.  She puts the right number of each on the big pumpkin and then adds them up to give me the total.  Then I say, "Yes! 4 plus 6 is 10, good job!"  Then we clear the pumpkin and do it again, and again, and again, and again....and...again.  I had a chiropractors appointment which I thought ended our fun time.  But she wasn't near being done.

Here she is at the end of my bed with the game.  I told her it was night time and we would play the game tomorrow, but that just wasn't the answer she wanted.  She brought the game up to my room so she could keep playing with me.  I'm beyond happy that she loves this game so much, but as I titled this post, this is the best kind of fail.  I wasn't planning on playing this game WITH her for hours on end!  But, seriously, how can I complain when she is learning so much and being so dog gone cute doing it!

1 comment:

Britt Family said...

Fun! I may have to do that with carter with his subtraction. We've done chocolate chips and m&ms before but they melted too fast when little hot hands messed with them. Candy corn might be the perfect candy for this!!! :)