Monday, April 30, 2012

Friday on a Monday



When we were living in California some good friends of ours adopted a dog from the Marin Humane Society. Their daughter named her Friday, which I thought was a really cool name. As soon as I met her I knew she was the perfect dog. I couldn't get enough of her. When her puppy mischief proved to be very costly (she chewed up their automatic pool cover!) they had to find other living arrangements.

I was more than happy to take her! It took Theo some getting used to, but he came around quickly. She really is a good dog! I guess it helped that we didn't really have anything expensive for her to chew up. Although she liked to go for the more sentimental things, like Theo's Mickey Mouse ears that had his name embroidered on it that he got from Disney World when he was a kid. And a pair of genuine baby Indian moccasins that I bought when I found out I was pregnant with #2.

But all in all she has proven herself a real keeper. She's been my protection when Theo is gone, my running companion, bed-cuddler with the kids and a member of the family.

I love my Friday!

No comments: