Thursday, August 20, 2009

My Soapbox

I tend to get on my little soapbox a lot. There are several postings I would like to make based on my soapbox, but I didn't feel like using my family blog ALL the time to post my issues. I have let some seep out like "Drivers Ed 101", but that is just the tip of the iceberg. I decided it would be a good idea to start another blog completely devoted to my opinions on how I feel about certain issues.

I already had my first posting planned out, "The Disillusion that Topless Women Equals a Feminist Milestone.".

I tried "mysoapbox.blogspot.com" and "thesoapbox.blogspot.com" to get the venting started. But unfortunately both were taken. At first I was just a little disappointed, then curious. I typed the names into the address field and found out that "thesoapbox.blogspot.com" was completely blank. Maybe the whimsical thought from someone who was going to have a lot to say and then decided against it, leaving that poor blog to sit there unamusing.

I tried "mysoapbox.blogspot.com" and found that some young thing was going to use it to rediscover herself.....back in 2007. One posting and then the whole self discovery thing was abandoned. Perhaps she already found herself, wow, all after just one posting. Blogs can do miracles apparently.

So now I am on my soapbox about people who take very good blog titles and then completely waste them by not using them. Do they not know how to delete that blog? Come on! Share the love by not hogging all the cool blog names.

And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

kara said...

Sorry, I think one of those was mine. I'll start complaining to the world about all the meaningless things in my life that make me postal. I'll get right on that. (I miss you!)

Lemon Family said...

thanks for the laugh i needed it