Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spring at Bellingrath Gardens

Last Monday as a play date we were lucky enough to go to Bellingrath Gardens. As long as I have lived here I have only been able to enjoy this beautiful place a handful of times. I love that I was also able to enjoy it with my girls. Miss Miriam really is having a good time, I think I caught her off guard in this picture. It's a good beginning picture, I think!
Some of the kiddies enjoying one of the water fountains.
This was the pathway to the Mermaid Lagoon.
I absolutely LOVE hydrangeas! The blue are my favorite color. Interestingly enough the color of the flower is determined by the acidity in the soil. I think it's if the soil has more acid then they are pink, but if it's more alkaline then they are blue. I could be backwards, but that's the gist.
This is the Mermaid statue. So pretty! And what I thought was neat is that she actually has two legs with feet that are mermaid fins, so it looks like four mermaid fins in all. I've never thought of that concept before. It was very elegant.
A beautiful view of Fowl River.


This is an awesome Lion statue that was just the right size for all our girls to get a good pose. The boys had there own pose as well, but since none of them are mine at this play date I didn't post that picture. Don't worry about the cutie sitting on the head, she was being held up by my older sister who had crouched down behind the lion figure so she could safely hold her, but also stay out of the shot.
A beautiful cherry blossom tree.

More hydrangeas, and PINK!
They had a really neat Japanese garden section with this awesome bridge. I love the effect on the water to make it look like a circle.

I am loving spring here! I remember it being my favorite season in California also. Everything turned green there because of all the rain and it reminded me of home. I absolutely love all the different shades of green all around me. The azaleas are in full bloom and flowers are popping out everywhere.

Ah, spring! It's about time.

No comments: